Monday, August 17, 2009

Tying up loose ends

So, I haven't written here in a while, the sole reason being that I had so much to do that there was no time. I've decided to write a short summary of what's been going on - just so that you're all up to date and we're on the same page.

My trip to Kushikino island was amazing. The whole island was covered in greenery and the tops of the hills were hidden in the clouds making it misty and intriguing - to me it seemed almost Narnia-like. I also snorkeled for the first time in my life, and seeing tropical fish up that close was incredible! It brought me that much closer to my dream of being a mermaid. ^^

I held my farewell speech in front of the entire school...and I sang! My singing teacher told me, oh, about five minutes before I started walking towards the assembly hall! "I've arranged it so that you'll be able to sing!" "Eh?...you WHAT?!" When asking Matsuo-sensei: "What? I haven't heard of this..." then, while I was chatting oh-so-pleasently with Mr. Kamikawa, she came running. "Singing...now!"
...so, after I held my speech (which wasn't half as terrible as I thought it would be) I sang with Shun playing the guitar.

It was kind of nervewrecking, but I did okay, and so in the end it was fun and I felt very brave. Hurrah!

Also... my secret date for leaving Japan was... *drumroll* highlight: the 27th of July!
Meaning I'm now back in Norway. At first it was really weird. People around me spoke Norwegian, I spoke Norwegian, I understood everything... but I couldn't understand why they were speaking Norwegian! Inside my head there was nothing but English and Japanese. I think I've continued dreaming in Japanese a couple of times too. So yes, it is exciting and weird being home too.

School starts tomorrow, meaning a whole new class and new people whom I'll get to play with for a year before we go our seperate ways. I'm curious to see how it'll work out, seeing as they've already spent two years together and I've hardly met them until...well, now. At the same time I'm sure it'll be a year full of surprises and experiences! Exciting and boring at the same time, maybe...? (haha!)

Wish me luck!

I find this song fits rather perfectly for the occasion:


Location: Norway
Mood: "what now...?"
Listening to: 手をつなごう (Ayaka - te wo tsunagou)
Eating: cake! :D
Drinking: water

1 comment:

Tonje said...

Om jeg liker havfruer? vet ikke, har ikke smakt dem enda...
(sitat Tonje 5 år)

Welcome back, little (big) sis!!!!
misa love disa


(clies)

search my blog...