Monday, July 13, 2009

"Sing, sweet nightingale..."

I've been really busy lately - kendo, swimming, the last weeks of school before summer vacation (but I never want school to end!) a trip to a lovely little island (that I'll have to write about later) and...singing! Midori-sensei has been giving me lessons every Thursday during lunch break. I also sing with Shun sometimes - he plays the guitar too, so it's a lot of fun! (I can't play anything, so if I'm alone it's all a capella...) He likes Avril Lavigne, and so we sing her early songs a lot - "Sk8r boi" (God, I hate that spelling!), "Complicated" and "Why". Especially "Why".

I started listening to it after Shun recommended it to me, and learned it by heart so I'd be able to sing it. It's a lot easier for me to sing without being so nervous if we're two performing.
It makes performing in front of people a lot more enjoyable. (And if you know how much I love singing, you would hardly think that possible...!) Also, because he's playing the guitar, I have something to listen and orientate myself to.

*deep breath* So! Ladies and gentlemen, for your enjoyment and just to expose myself completely... wait, actually Shun is singing some too... OK! Here's our cover version of Avril Lavigne's "Why":

"Why" - download
...don't worry mom, it's safe.

Don't mind the guy at the beginning. We were three people in the music room, so we'd been joking around a bit before we started the recording. :P

(You'll need to download it until I find a better solution. Any recommendations?)


...would anyone at my Norwegian school notice if I just stayed here until we graduate?


Location:
Japan
Mood: Happiness! ^^
Listening to: Ok, this is awkward... a recording of myself singing. (lol!) I don't get to hear my voice from "the other side" a lot.
Eating: White peach
Drinking: -

7 comments:

Tonje said...

Flinke lillesøster!!!
*bankende hjerte*


(color)

Moa said...

Hey Helene, my name is Moa and I'm from Sweden (not too far from Norway!). I'm also going to Japan for a year this August, and I found your blog while searching for exchange blogs. You seem to have a wonderful time in Japan, and I just gotta say that you have an amazing singing voice! I really like that song too ^_^
Ja ne!

Alexia :) said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Helene said...

Alexia! :D Tusen takk! Unnskyld, jeg fjernet kommentaren din fordi det var nevt noe om hjemreisedatoen der... ;)

(Eirik får fortsatt ikke vite noe, stakkar! Hihihi! ;P )

Eirik said...

:(

PIXPICK said...

nice one....

http://pixpick.blogspot.com

Liiiise said...

Så flink! :D
bare bruke masse luft på de lyse tonene, så blir det lettere^^ (Har problemer med det selv..)
Jeg savner deg fortsatt.
Du har kommet hjem nå! Så.. Jeg vil fortsatt møte deg!
*storklem*

search my blog...