Friday, June 19, 2009

Status report

...don't worry - my toe was like that to begin with. :P

As I said in my previous post, I've started training kendo. 。o@(^-^)@o。 I came once on Thursday last week with my Rotary councelor to observe the training and try a little bit, trained on Friday (after calling my swimming to say something came up) and I've trained from Tuesday to Thursday (today) this week. (Tomorrow is swimming.)

My foot. My left FOOT. In two days I've managed to get more blisters under the sole of my foot then I think I've ever had in my life. I've got two rather big ones (or it might be five melted together?) that's causing me some trouble. I finally get my kendo-boyfriend's complaints. :P On Tsuru's advice I've been poking holes in them with needles to prevent them from getting any worse, and the rest I'm taking care of with sport's tape and bandaids. Now if only my skin could get hard fast...At least this is proof that I'm "ganbatte"ing! Haha!

It's a lot of fun, though! Today I started bashing people on the head with my shinai (also known as practicing the men cut) or alternately hitting a shinai being held up by a partner. There's lots to think about, and I'm still trying to get my head (and body...) around it all with varying success. Lol.

I got to know a new girl at training today too - her name is Satoko, and she's a 3rd year student at Ijuin high school. She's really nice, and I like her a lot. She and her father even gave me a lift home after training, so we talked almost non-stop all the way. (I seem to have a habit of talking a lot no matter what the language... ・・(^_^i)・・ lol.)

Anyway: kendo is great!Eirik - you and I've got a job to do.(^。^)‐☆

6 comments:

Tonje said...

Sweetie!

Mommeli-mommeli!!!! (someone has to say that!)


I read your comment about the after-onsen outfit. Are you serious about that?? :D
When it comes to color, I think you know better than me. (I haven't seen the colors) and you know mine anyway. As long as it is not mint green (possibly not bright orange either) I think any can be good.

Good luck in further ganbatte-ing, and I REALLY LOOK FORWARD TO HAVE YOU BACK HERE!!!!

puss med krem og alt det der!

CosmoS said...

"Anyway: kendo is great!Eirik - you and I've got a job to do.(^。^)‐☆ "

- She said, and rushed into the bedroom. :D

Not rly (I think), but it was at least remotely funny, right? :3

Molle said...

As an x-dancer and now health care worker, never, NEVER pop blisters!! Find the Japanese equivalent of compeed...

Dolle said...

Enig med mamma, Komp. Stikk ALDRI hull på vannblemmer! Compeed har vist seg å beskytte alt fra føtter til cymbalslageres fingerknoker, så det kan jeg anbefale. Får vi se bilder fra kendo-treninga snart?

Nidvegvesenet said...

Når kjem du att?

Helene said...

@ CosmoS: Your joke was so lame that it was, yes, remotely funny. But I was talking about kendo, yes. ^o^v

@ Mom: I hear you say that, but why? "What about all the bacterias?" or something? See, thing is, I drag my one foot across the floor after the other, and so a big blister will be a big problem. I've got a new tip, which is to put a thread through them to drain it, and then moisturize. I just don't know how to do it if I can't flatten them? Compeed is a plaster, no? Because I thought that might just get rubbed off. And I train 3 days in a row, so I don't really have time to heal either... Help!!

search my blog...