Monday, October 20, 2008

H!P is doing what?!

I just took a look at Hello! Online today, to see if there were any news... and I must say I'm kind of shocked. Suddenly, out of the blue.. H!P announces a mass graduation! What?!

"
It was announced on the Hello Project website today (October 19th) that as of March 31st, 2009, all of the members of Elder Club will be leaving Hello! Project.
"
- Hello! Online

Well, I guess I can't say it's totally unexpected. These girls have been on stage since they were teenagers. Some joined H!P when they were still just 12 years old.
I think many of them are still stuck with the same image now, maybe because fans remember them a certain way and expect them to behave according to that. It's only natural that these idols would move on after a while. But still, to have so many members graduating (or being fired?) at the same time, and with no previous warning... that took me by surprise.

I'm disappointed too. I'd been eagerly awaiting Tsuji Nozomi's comeback to H!P ever since it was announced that she was pregnant and engaged to actor Taio Sugiura back in May in 2007. S
he went on maternity leave sometime later, saying she'd return to the entertainment industry when things calmed down after child birth. Apparently, she's planning a comeback in the fall this year. (OK, so apparently she's appeared on stage on stage on "YUKO NAKAZAWA BIRTHDAY LIVE 2008" with a cake for Nakazawa Yuko on 19 June 2008... but I'd hardly call that a comeback! XD) There's still time, but I had hoped she'd stay a part of H!P for a while longer. Still, it'll be interesting to see what she'll chose to do now.

Kago Ai is working hard on her solo career, and has announced that she'll be releasing around four mini-albums consisting of self-written songs. And they'll be released while I'm in Japan! I'm buying those... finally we get to hear Aibon sing again! :D

Other people I'll miss are Yaguchi Mari (Morning Musume, Mini Moni) and Yoshizawa Hitomi (Morning Musume). Elder Club consists mostly of graduated members from Morning Musume - it goes without saying that I'll miss them being a part og H!P. Although some of them (Yaguchi included) apparently will remain part of Up-Front Agency. I could do with more information - it's all pretty confusing.

Yoshizama Hitomi and Ishikawa Rika have just started a new unit too, "Hangry & Angry". (Apparently they're collaborating with a Harajuku fashion store with the same name.) Their debut mini-album will be entitled "Kill Me Kiss Me", the same as their debut single. It is scheduled for release in November 19th. Depending on how I like it, I might buy a copy. Hmmm...


My next post will be more exchange-related and less about H!P. :P I still haven't posted any posts or pictures from my trip to the park with Francesco. And that deserves to be mentioned!

Next time, promise.


Location: Japan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad but no surprise. The music industry is cutthroat, whether in Japan or here in the US. Maybe the future might be brighter than the past.
Rad

Tonje said...

Imagine - you managed to see a live concert with all your favorites (almost anyway) before they retired (!)

...and what is better:

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE!!
Imagine - Gaijin in H!P

Hehehee.. (evil music in the back-ground)

Helene said...

Morning Musume isn't leaving Hello! Project, and those in the Elder Club have already graduated from Momusu. So I didn't get to see them. *sniff*

But I did get to see all the current members of Morning Musume, which was great! :D

Gaijin in H!P? WHy not? I'd be the one person whose hair they wouldn't have to dye. XD Muahahahaaa!

Nidvegvesenet said...

Jeg aner ikke hva det innlegget var om...

Maiken said...

Hej søtis. Hahhaha, jeg lette i tusen år etter hvor man kunne legge igjen kommentar.. *mpffp*
NEKO, jahhhaa, Neko! Get it. ^^''
Men nå er bloggen DIN i full gang igjen, hadde glemt passordet så var litt vanskelig å gjennomføre no updates. Men sjekk det ut nu.

http://helenechanisinjapanandwemissher.blogspot.com

I think it deserves a spot in your blog! :)))

vi savner deg kjekkis <3

Tonje said...

Kjekkis?
Anyways, MER BLOGG PLEASE!!!
I demand it.

Btw, saw Madagascar yesterday...
Oooh! The giraffe :)

Maiken said...

JA! Helene er en kjekkis :)
Meaning: fin, bra, kul, tøff, søt og ikke minst KJEKK!

<3 she knows.

search my blog...