Sunday, October 12, 2008

Morning Musume ~Resonant LIVE~

Whoa! I still can't believe I've seen Morning Musume live! I've seen Tanaka Reina and Takahashi Ai on stage! o@(≧▽≦)@o

The 4th of October I went to Kagoshima Cultural Hall to see
モーニング娘。コンサートツアー2008 秋 ~リゾナント LIVE ~
(Morning Musume Concert Tour 2008 Aki (Fall) ~Resonant LIVE~). I went with my otoosan, because okaasan was still in England at the hospital with Madoka at the time. He was extremely embarrassed by the entire thing "hazukashii!". I can't possibly fathom why the prospect of going to a concert held by a group of girls jumping about and singing (mostly) happy bubblegum J-pop would put him off... but that's just me. ;P *cough, cough*

Still, I had endless fun teasing him for it on the way. I kept telling him how this would make a great memory, and how I should take pictures just to help him remember this special occasion. Lots of laughter ensued.

When we got to the concert hall, the first thing I noticed were the cars. Oh, the cars! On the back of one there was a huge poster saying "TANAKA REINA". On another there was a small picture of Michishige Sayumi in the left corner of the windshield, with "Sayumi Hime" (Sayumi princess) written on the right. Inside, drapes across the seat, was a towel with Sayumi printed on it. Well, what can I say... otoosan and I found that pretty funny.

Kagoshima Culture Hall (picture from the Japanese Wikipedia)

Outside the hall, my eyes popped again. Outside there were guys apparently all around otoosan's age, some trading photos (with me thinking "OMG! They really do! It's not just something I've read on the internet...") and a big Morning Musume poster. Security guys took my camera away from me at the entrance, so regrettably I couldn't take any pictures inside. It was a shame - I'd love to show you all the fans! XD To quote otoosan: "Ojiisan bakkari da yo, ne..." ("There's only old men here, isn't there...") Well, I saw some girls too, but we were sadly outnumbered! XD (Let it just be said, not all of them were that old. Some looked like they were in their twenties.) It was quite funny seeing so many different people attending the concert, though. Although I was quite surprised that these were the guys I shared my taste in music with... XD

What else should I say... It was heaven for any H!P fan. Along the two opposing walls there were tables filled with official H!P goods! Oficcial Morning Musume goods! CD's and DVD's I can always buy at a CD shop, so I headed for the other table. A short while later, I had bought Tanaka Reina's T-shirt, pictures, a Momusu tour T-shirt and a Momusu tour towel.
All the while listening to Morning Musume songs being played over the stereo.


Then we headed in to the main concert hall. It was
full of people - mostly men. Many of these men wore clothes in the official colour of their favourite member - for example, one who liked Takahashi Ai would be wearing her yellow T-shirt. The more extreme guys would be wearing a long, yellow coat-like piece of clothing, yellow pants, the yellow Takahashi Ai T-shirt, a yellow headband, yellow wristband and yellow shoes. They'd was also armed with yellow glow sticks and jump up and down and scream whenever her picture was shown, or she was on stage, or spoke... yeah. We even saw one with the animal ears from Haromoni@ (Morning Musume's TV show). It was hard not to laugh at these guys - we hid behind our program and snickered. :P

The concert was a lot of fun - they played some of my favourtie songs - like "Mikan", "
Ambitious!Yashinteki de Ii Jyan", "Onna ni Sachi Are" and "Resonant Blue". They also played some songs I hadn't heard a lot before, but found out I really like - and some I didn't know. (But otoosan did, being Japanese and older than me. :P) You can see the concert setlist here. It was great - although I admit I was not jumping up and down. All the crazy jumping people were in front of the stage - we had seats at the back among the non-jumpers. The exception was for one very enthusiastic Sayumi-fan, dressed in pink in the fashion described above. *snicker* Still, I think I'd prefer the back - it was pretty close to the stage, but at the same time it gave me a view of the entire stage so I could see everything.

I enjoyed it very much, although I didn't understand everything they said when they were speaking. I did, however, get it when they were talking about their next album: "Cover You". Still, it was great just being there, seeing them all on stage! They hardly ever travel out of Japan to do a concert (the exceptions being Taiwan and Hawaii so far), and it's rare for them to come to Kagoshima. And I've seen them live! Hah! Yes, Kusumi Koharu is just as annoying to me in real life. o@(><)@o Reina and Ai are great, and I think they are among the best singers too. ^^ Oh! And Linlin even sang in Chinese! It was great!

On my way out I bought Ai-chan's T-shirt too, and the photoset of her, being such a loyal fan and all. By our car I caught sight of a man wearing Reina's T-shirt. I decided this was a chance I couldn't pass up - I don't often meet Momusu fans in Norway. XD So I went up to him and spoke with him. "Tanaka Reina ga suki desu yo ne?" ("You like Tanaka Reina, don't you?") "Uh? E-ee..." ("Y-yeah...") "Watashi mo!" ("Me too!") "Ya~y! High five!" I gave him a great big smile, high-fived him and climbed into our car feeling very accomplished. Otoosan was chuckling. :D

For the record: he said he enjoyed the concert too, so there! Hehe! ...and apparently okaasan knows one of the dances to one of the songs. (First performed by the 1976–1981
J-pop duo Pink Lady.) I'll have to get her to teach me that! :D

PS: Guess who else is coming to Kagoshima to perform... Gackt!! I need tickets... (/O3O)/

Location: Kagoshima, Japan!
Mood: Content
Reading: Just finished "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer in four days - am in desperate need of the sequal! I want to kno~w! o(><)o
Eating: Soon, I should think.
Drinking: Water. From the tap. Again. Vikings don't drink from bottles, bwah! :P

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to tell you this, but most of those old guys probably don't share your taste in MUSIC!! Which would also explain Otoosans embarrassment. But what a sport to go with you!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy yoou were among the non-jumpers! And I must say I am awfully impressed by your otoosan, who went to the concert with you. I'm not sure I would...

Helene said...

Molle: I hate to tell you this, but I'm not that naive... I just try not to think of the fact that Morning Musume ("daughter") could easily have been literal in relation to some of those fans... m(><)m That's a bit too kimochii warui. XP

Still fun to watch them dance. XD

Anonymous said...

When it comes to the twilight saga:
Resistance is futile. Addiction........is unevitable.
XD

Anonymous said...

I am happy you got to see it! It's always such a fulfilling sensaion being able to do something you've always wanted to do :D

Oh and Vikings. No wonder the hygiene was so bad back then! Bold, rough and brave Vikings, eh :D

Tonje said...

Just don't give her dodgy mushrooms, then she might be rampaging around in Hioki centre abducting ... eh... something.
yeah *cough*

Rio Ang said...

waw, i wanted to go to their concerts as well.. are you half japanese? it's great to have a otoo-san like him who want to accompany you.. :)

search my blog...